Join us in developing the enterprise PHP/MySQL applications that drive southern Alberta’s economy. Supporting many industries, including agriculture, construction, cattle, and manufacturing, we provide the data management that enterprise relies on. Get inside the operations of leading companies and develop systems to make them more effective. Bring sharp analytical skills, and a keen ability to spot and solve problems. Custom website development is our secondary offering, where our customers need beautifully designed custom solutions that outperform templates, and often as stepping stones to more integrated software.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate has a diploma or degree in computer science and have 3-5 years of experience developing business applications, with a wide range of skills.
- Strong ability in object oriented PHP using mainstream frameworks such as Zend, Laravel or Symfony.
- MySQL database operations, design, and optimization
- Fluent in modern CSS and HTML
- Comfortable with basic command line tasks involving CentOS Linux servers running WHM
- GIT, Composer, Node, WebPack, Bootstrap, Less, and other related build tools and technologies are beneficial
ResponsibilitiesUse PHP frameworks to take business applications from concept to launch, working through modules and milestones using agile methods. Introduce new functionality and business requirements to established applications. See your solutions through implementation, adapting and addressing usability, business requirements, performance, and security.
- Participate in requirements analysis and systems design
- Develop business applications using PHP frameworks in a full stack environment
- Participate in project planning including discovery meetings with clients
- Participate in agile development processes, including sprint planning and review
- Continuous learning and remaining current with emerging technologies
- This is a full time, salaried position with reasonable work demands, a health benefits plan, and other perks including paid time off.
- The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
- We are equal-opportunity employers who value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.